Crisp Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
"The old-fashioned taste of these crisp, peanut buttery cookies is irresistible," reports Jessie MacLeod of St. Stephen, New Brunswick. "And they're as quick to make as they are to disappear. I often double the recipe."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. For easier shaping, chill the dough for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball by crisscrossing with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC