- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. For easier shaping, chill the dough for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball by crisscrossing with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Peanut Butter Cookies
"Good Cookie. My batch made 3 dozen. Delicious. Nice treat."
"So traditional - and so delicious. Made a double batch today for lunchbox treats this week."
"Our church has a "cookie walk" every few months as a fundraiser. This was the first time I made this recipe, and I really like the way they came out-very thin, but with a perfect amount of peanut butter. My husband, the cookie expert, gave it a thumbs-up!"
"Our church has a "cookie walk" every few months as a fundraiser. These cookies were thinner than the usual peanut butter cookies, but full of flavor! The amount of peanut butter was just perfect. I doubled the recipe as suggested, and they got a thumbs-up from my husband, the cookie expert."
"Best peanut butter cookie recipe yet!"
"I use dark brown sugar and maple flavoring instead of vanilla and LOVE the flavor; it is my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe!"
"Easy and delicious. What else do you need if you want something peanuty, and FAST."
"Amazing taste .I did add morsels and it I wouldnt recommend it .No need to the cookie is so good as i."