- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 42 spring roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 4-6 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Place carrots, raisins, dates and spreadable fruit in a food processor; pulse until fruit is coarsely chopped. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in vegetarian crumbles, carrot mixture and seasonings; heat through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in couscous.
- With one side of a spring roll wrapper facing you, place 3 tablespoons filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom side over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold sides toward center over filling. Roll up tightly, pressing edge to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry rolls, a few at a time, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Drain on paper towels. Serve with honey for dipping. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Moroccan Appetizer Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Crisp Moroccan Appetizer Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review