Almost as much fun to eat as they are to decorate, these lemony cookies are the perfect backdrop for baking bits, sprinkles or glitter. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Assorted M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape dough into an 8-in. x 2-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Unwrap cookie dough and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in another small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in lemon juice. Frost cookies. Decorate with baking bits. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Lemon Tea Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p56
Reviews for Crisp Lemon Tea Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review