Crisp Lemon Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat the bottom of a glass with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted vanilla chips. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.