Crisp Hash for Two
This is a family favorite that provides a quick and nourishing meal. It is also a good way to use leftover beef roast. I remember Mother made this has often when I was growing up. By the way, other types of meat work well, too.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup diced cooked potato
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. In a
- small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to the skillet.
- Cover and cook until crisp on the bottom. Turn and brown other side.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 378 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.