I love this delicious sandwich, especially with extra crisp English Cucumber. I have made these for parties and showers. I purchase a small party loaf of whole wheat bread or even sourdough--whatever is available and just downsize the sandwiches. —Missi Selin, Bothell, Washington
Featured In: 17 Tea Sandwich Recipes
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 3 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Spread toast with cream cheese. Top with cucumber, sprouts and pepper. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Crisp Finger Sandwich in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p63
Reviews for Crisp Finger Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2016
"I like this but tea sandwiches, which this sandwich is labeled under, should have the crusts cut off and the filling should be thin. I love the vegetable cream cheese for this.You can make your own veggie cream cheese. Just get a bag of mixed dehydrated veggies. I use Spice Sage. They just need to be reconstituted and mixed with the cream cheese.These veggies are great for pasta salads, just boil them with the pasta and drain.They are great for soups and stews too. I put them in my fried rice as well. They are delicious."