Crisp Dijon Chicken
With its savory mustard taste, this crispy, crumb-coated chicken from Shirley Heston of Pickerington, Ohio makes a super main course you’ll serve again and again.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place crumbs into a shallow bowl. Flatten each chicken breast to
- 1/2-in. thickness; brush with mustard, then coat with crumbs. Place
- in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle
- with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 354 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.