Crisp Cucumber Salsa
Here's a fantastic way to use cucumbers. You'll love the creamy and crunchy texture and super-fresh flavors. —Charlene Skjerven, Hoolpe, North Dakota
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another
- bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin and
- seasoned salt. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 16 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.