Crisp Crab Triangles Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14-inch x 9-inch sheet size) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Remove one wrapped phyllo roll from package and thaw according to package directions. Return remaining wrapped phyllo roll to freezer. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper. Add the crab, shrimp, onions and almonds; stir gently to coat.
- 2. Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo with butter. Layer with two more sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out.) Cut the layered sheets lengthwise into 2-in. strips. Cut each strip widthwise in half.
- 3. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling in lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until you come to the end of the strip. Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 4. Place triangles on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 111 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Crisp Crab Triangles
"can you freeze without baking.shrimp can become dry when reheated"
"do you bake before freezing"