Crisp Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, cucumber, broccoli, green pepper, sweet red pepper and seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup peppercorns ranch salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, vegetables, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crisp Corn Bread Salad
Sort By :
"I needed to use up some leftover cornbread from a batch that had come out a little dry. I remembered a dear friend made cornbread salad at a restaurant she worked at years ago, so I came looking for something along that line. This seemed to be a fresher take on what I remembered. It's a colorful, tasty salad. I used frozen corn that I quickly thawed with running water and I added a some crumbled bacon. I also subbed 1/2 mayo, 1/2 Miracle Whip for the dressing since my husband doesn't care for ranch, but ranch is great with just about anything, so I know it would be great with this! And you don't really have to chill it for 4 hours if you're in a pinch for time as I was; half hour got it nicely chilled."
"I have also made this with crumbled bacon on top.......delish!!!"