"My family loves this cool crisp medley," reports Martha Spears of Lenoir, North Carolina. "It's a unique treatment for extra corn bread. You can fix this refreshing salad ahead of time and vary the vegetables to suit your tastes," she adds.
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, cucumber, broccoli, green pepper, sweet red pepper and seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup peppercorns ranch salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, vegetables, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p42
Reviews for Crisp Corn Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review