Crisp Citrus Tossed Salad
Field editor Edna Coburn of Tucson, Arizona shares this appealing fruit and nut salad that's crisp, crunchy and nicely tart. It's a colorful choice for a holiday menu but tastes fabulous any time of year.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) romaine hearts, torn
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, oranges, apples,
- grapefruit, pecans and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing
- ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.