- 1 package (16 ounces) romaine hearts, torn
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, oranges, apples, grapefruit, pecans and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Crisp Citrus Tossed Salad
Sort By :
I made this recipe for a women's brunch this past weekend and everyone said it was delicious! My husband also loved it and a woman who took some home emailed later to ask for the recipe because her husband requested it! I made it as written, but ended up with a lot of leftover dressing, so maybe would cut that in half next time. To prep it ahead of serving, I tossed the apples in the dressing which kept them from turning brown, then added them, dressing and all, to the salad at serving time. It's a fair amount of prep work, but really worth it for a great tasting and special winter salad.
This salad really tasted awful. I hate to say that about any recipe, but it's the truth with this one.