Field editor Edna Coburn of Tucson, Arizona shares this appealing fruit and nut salad that's crisp, crunchy and nicely tart. It's a colorful choice for a holiday menu but tastes fabulous any time of year.
- 1 package (16 ounces) romaine hearts, torn
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, oranges, apples, grapefruit, pecans and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p57
Reviews for Crisp Citrus Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review