This variation on classic waffles is a great choice when you're in a rush. The recipe makes a big batch, so I usually freeze what I don't eat.—Lauren Reiff, East Earl, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, butter and honey until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
Originally published as Crisp Chocolate Chip Waffles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p79
Reviews for Crisp Chocolate Chip Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review