Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
A friend gave me this recipe quite a while ago, and I like to make them for our five children and 18 grandkids. If you don't want these cookies to disappear quickly, you'd better hide them!
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cornflakes or crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- the oil, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and cornflakes. Drop by tablespoonfuls
- onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 490 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.