Crisp Cherry-Topped Cookies
I make hundreds of cookies each Christmas to share with family and friends. With red and green candied cherries, these look so lovely on a holiday cookie tray.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- Red and green candied cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in
- extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cereal. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Place a cherry half in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.