Crisp Cherry-Topped Cookies Recipe
I make hundreds of cookies each Christmas to share with family and friends. With red and green candied cherries, these look so lovely on a holiday cookie tray.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal, crushed
- Red and green candied cherries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cereal. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place a cherry half in the center of each. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 130 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Crisp Cherry-Topped Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC