Crisp Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
This recipe is a great way to use up day-old bread. They are great served alongside soup or salad. And guests at my card game parties love them as appetizers.—Elizabeth Tonn, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) day-old white or wheat bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese spread, butter, egg white, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; beat until fluffy and blended.
- 2. Remove crust from bread. Cut loaf in half widthwise. Cut each half horizontally into thirds; cut each portion lengthwise into fourths. (Strips will measure about 4 in. x 1 in. x 1 in.)
- 3. Spread cheese mixture over all sides of strips; place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC