Crisp Cheese Breadsticks Recipe
This recipe is a great way to use up day-old bread. They are great served alongside soup or salad. And guests at my card game parties love them as appetizers.Elizabeth Tonn, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) day-old white or wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese spread, butter, egg white, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; beat until fluffy and blended.
- Remove crust from bread. Cut loaf in half widthwise. Cut each half horizontally into thirds; cut each portion lengthwise into fourths. (Strips will measure about 4 in. x 1 in. x 1 in.)
- Spread cheese mixture over all sides of strips; place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Cheese Breadsticks in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p9
Reviews for Crisp Cheese Breadsticks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
I use French Bread instead of a day old bread loaf and it makes a wonderful crispy appetizer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >