Crisp Caraway Twists
This appetizer is always a hit when I serve it on holidays or special occasions. The flaky cheese-filled twists (made with convenient puff pastry)bake to a crispy golden brown. When our big family gets together, I make two batches.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a small bowl, beat egg, water and mustard; set aside. In another
- bowl, combine the cheese, onion, parsley, caraway seeds and garlic
- Unfold pastry sheet; brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese mixture
- lengthwise over half of the pastry. Fold pastry over filling; press
- edges to seal. Brush top with remaining egg mixture. Cut widthwise
- into 1/2-in. strips; twist each strip several times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets, pressing ends down. Bake
- at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 179 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium,