Crisp Caraway Twists Recipe
This appetizer is always a hit when I serve it on holidays or special occasions. The flaky cheese-filled twists (made with convenient puff pastry)bake to a crispy golden brown. When our big family gets together, I make two batches.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg, water and mustard; set aside. In another bowl, combine the cheese, onion, parsley, caraway seeds and garlic salt.
- 2. Unfold pastry sheet; brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese mixture lengthwise over half of the pastry. Fold pastry over filling; press edges to seal. Brush top with remaining egg mixture. Cut widthwise into 1/2-in. strips; twist each strip several times.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets, pressing ends down. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 179 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Crisp Caraway Twists
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"This is so good!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC