- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a small bowl, beat egg, water and mustard; set aside. In another bowl, combine the cheese, onion, parsley, caraway seeds and garlic salt.
- Unfold pastry sheet; brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese mixture lengthwise over half of the pastry. Fold pastry over filling; press edges to seal. Brush top with remaining egg mixture. Cut widthwise into 1/2-in. strips; twist each strip several times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets, pressing ends down. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp Caraway Twists in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p31
Reviews for Crisp Caraway Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"This is so good!"