Crisp Butter Pecan Cookies
These crisp shortbread-like cookies from Sharon Crider are wonderful with a cup of coffee. "They're delicious and so easy to make."-Sharon Crider, Juction City, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat butter and pudding mix until smooth. Gradually
- beat in flour. Fold in pecans. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2 in. with
- the bottom of a glass coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 211 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.