- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture, mixing well (dough will be very stiff).
- On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 2-1/2-in. squares, rectangles or diamonds. Place 1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. (Watch carefully as cookies will brown quickly.) Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Crisp Butter Cookies(6)
Sort By :
my all time favorite
I think vanilla was left out of the recipe....
If I could give this recipe no stars I would. As the two other reviewers said, it's very bland. No amount of colored sugar could improve that.
Needed flavoring. No taste. Too crumbly not crispy.