Crisp Almond Sugar Cookies
"We made these crisp cookies often when I worked in the lunchroom at our daughters' grade school," recalls Linda Holt from Wichita Falls, Texas. "The almond flavor makes them unique."
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Additional sugar or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of
- tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.