Crisp Almond Sugar Cookies Recipe
"We made these crisp cookies often when I worked in the lunchroom at our daughters' grade school," recalls Linda Holt from Wichita Falls, Texas. "The almond flavor makes them unique."
- 2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Additional sugar or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p65
Reviews for Crisp Almond Sugar Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2008
These are excellent. I did some with almond extract; some with vanilla. My son (26) couldn't stop eating them!