Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles Recipe
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, corn, egg yolks and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 3. Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 16 waffles.
2 each: 301 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles
"Corn waffles are simple and easy to make and taste so good, they are a keeper for sure. They will be going in my recipe box, as my family simply loves them."
"haven't tried this but sounds like the corn pancakes my grandmother made and i still make to this day for my son"
"good this way but sometimes I use a corn muffin mix instead of flour and an extra egg white or egg substitute egg whites, good with chicken ala king or sausage gravy"