Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles Recipe
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, corn, egg yolks and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 16 waffles.
Reviews for Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles(3)
Sort By :
Corn waffles are simple and easy to make and taste so good, they are a keeper for sure. They will be going in my recipe box, as my family simply loves them.
haven't tried this but sounds like the corn pancakes my grandmother made and i still make to this day for my son
good this way but sometimes I use a corn muffin mix instead of flour and an extra egg white or egg substitute egg whites, good with chicken ala king or sausage gravy