I like to serve these crisp, golden brown waffles with honey and applesauce. For a change-of-pace, serve the waffles topped with creamed chicken. It's a perfect meal for busy days. —Maxine Reese, Candler, North Carolina
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, corn, egg yolks and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Beat reserved egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 16 waffles.
Originally published as Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p39
Reviews for Crisp 'n' Tender Corn Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review