Crisp 'n' Chewy Cookies Recipe
Knowing I'm a cookie lover, my mother-in-law sent me this recipe years ago. Many folks have told me these are the best cookies they've ever tasted. I think it's the Butterfinger candy bars that make them so special. — Kristen Snyder, Sugar Land, Texas
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and candy bars.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Crisp 'n' Chewy Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC