Crisp 'n' Chewy Cookies Recipe
Knowing I'm a cookie lover, my mother-in-law sent me this recipe years ago. Many folks have told me these are the best cookies they've ever tasted. I think it's the Butterfinger candy bars that make them so special. — Kristen Snyder, Sugar Land, Texas
- 1-1/4 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and candy bars.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Originally published as Crisp 'n' Chewy Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p64
Reviews for Crisp 'n' Chewy Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
These cookies baked up fine the first batch and from then on baked up like little mountains. The are way to sweet, and do not have any really outstanding flavor. I'm a pastry chef and would pass these by. So many other yummy cookies out there!