Rice vinegar, sesame oil and cayenne create a sweet-hot Asian flavor that will light up your taste buds! — Alivia Dockery, Parker, Colorado
- 2 small English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts and additional sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Top as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crisp & Spicy Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews for Crisp & Spicy Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review