- 2 small English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts and additional sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over vegetables; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crisp & Spicy Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
"made without the jalepenos but was still too hot for my taste. Otherwise delicious and will make again. love the variety of veggies in this salad. Very colorful presentation."
"Delicious. I served this on individual lettuce leaves. I used Champagne vinegar, and added 2 TBS of sweet chili sauce instead of the soy sauce. I chose chopped peanuts for my topping. Thank you, Alivia, for this tasty recipe."
"Very attractive salad! Cool and crisp taste in spite of the spice! Definitely a keeper."
"Made this for a lunch party and everyone raved about it."
"Very refreshing. Loved the sweet asian inspired dressing. I added some grape tomatoes to it and omitted the onion. Will keep this for next summer's cook outs."