Crinkle-Top Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until smooth; set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Stir in melted chocolate.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with water. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Crinkle-Top Chocolate Cookies
"Super easy and delicious. I used a cookie scoop to measure the balls and ended up with about 60 cookies instead of only 42 as the recipe indicated. Perfect for gift giving! these will be a favorite for sure."
"These **yummies** are a definite favorite of my family. I also make *oodles* of them to give as Christmas gifts from my kitchen. They cannot be beat!!"
"Very yummy!!! I can't believe they only have 2TB of butter in them."
"They turned out beautiful, very moist and chocolatey, A little too sweet for my taste, so I'll cut the sugar by 1/3rd, and not roll them in confectioner's sugar. This is a keeper - and so nice and low in fat!!!"
"I told my chldren I had lost my crinkles recipe. The kids said it would not be the Christmas without them. Was very glad to see you had one. Thank you. They are the tops."
"These cookies were very rich, but the next day they kind of had a staleness to them."
"Delicious! and so pretty!"