Crimson Devonshire Cream Recipe
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- CRIMSON SAUCE:
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, soften gelatin in water; heat over low until gelatin dissolves. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Combine the gelatin mixture and sour cream; mix well. Gently whisk into the cream mixture. Pour into small bowls or parfait glasses. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- 2. For sauce, combine 1-1/2 cups cranberries, water, orange juice and peel in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Sieve sauce, discarding skins. Return sauce to pan; add sugar and remaining cranberries. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 8 minutes. Chill. Spoon over each serving of cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Crimson Devonshire Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.