Crimson Devonshire Cream Recipe
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- CRIMSON SAUCE:
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, soften gelatin in water; heat over low until gelatin dissolves. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Combine the gelatin mixture and sour cream; mix well. Gently whisk into the cream mixture. Pour into small bowls or parfait glasses. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- 2. For sauce, combine 1-1/2 cups cranberries, water, orange juice and peel in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Sieve sauce, discarding skins. Return sauce to pan; add sugar and remaining cranberries. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 8 minutes. Chill. Spoon over each serving of cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Crimson Devonshire Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.