Crescent Zucchini Pie Recipe
A tender, flaky crust makes this egg- and zucchini-based pie a special treat. The cheese, herbs and seasonings add delectable flavor. —Zelda DeHoedt, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal seams. Spread with mustard.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, seasonings and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust.
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled pie in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap pie; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 413 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC