Crescent-Wrapped Drumsticks Recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Remove and discard skin from drumsticks. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the barbecue sauce. Add drumsticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush dough with some of the beaten egg; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Place meaty portion of each drumstick at the tip of each triangle, with bony portion extended beyond one long side of triangle. Wrap drumstick in dough; place seam side down. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings (2 drumsticks each).
Reviews for Crescent-Wrapped Drumsticks
Sort By :
"I use 4 boneless thighs instead of the drumsticks and separate the dough into 4 rectangles. I also leave out the butter to make it a tad healthier. This is one of my favorite recipes!"
"This was so good, my husband even helped me cook it because he loves those cresent rolls. Will make again for sure."
"this was easy to make and my kids loved it."
"It was easy to make and my whole family enjoyed it. Thanks taste of home."
"Woo hoo! LOVE this recipe!! I make it all the time for my family!"