Crescent-Wrapped Drumsticks Recipe
Looking for a different way to do drumsticks? A friend shared this recipe with me. The drums are simmered in barbecue sauce and then wrapped in crescent roll dough that's sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. -Paula Plating, Colorado Springs, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Remove and discard skin from drumsticks. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the barbecue sauce. Add drumsticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush dough with some of the beaten egg; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Place meaty portion of each drumstick at the tip of each triangle, with bony portion extended beyond one long side of triangle. Wrap drumstick in dough; place seam side down. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings (2 drumsticks each).
1 serving (2 each) equals 610 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC