Crescent-Topped Turkey Amandine
Quick to prepare, this tasty main dish is loaded with turkey flavor and a nice crunch from celery and water chestnuts. Topped with a golden crescent roll crust and a sprinkling of almonds and cheese, it's bound to become a favorite. —Becky Larson, Mallard, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine first six
- ingredients; heat through. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Unroll crescent dough and place over turkey mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, almonds and butter. Spoon over
- dough. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown
- and filling is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or