Crescent-Topped Turkey Amandine Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; heat through. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Unroll crescent dough and place over turkey mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, almonds and butter. Spoon over dough. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crescent-Topped Turkey Amandine(7)
Sort By :
This was amazing. I think I would eat this every day. Again AMAZING
Excellent easy recipe. I made the following changes: Skipped the water chestnuts, used mixture of mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar cheese and spiced it up with oregano, pepper, dash of Cayenne. I may try this with Chicken instead of Turkey the next time.
This was a wonderful dish to make for a holiday potluck. I also sprinkled some whole, fresh cranberries on the top before baking to add a little holiday color.
Swapped the celery out for a small box of chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out. Also added 1 beaten egg to firm up the meat mixture. Yummy!
Made this for supper tonight. The celery was JUST WRONG
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >