My husband is a fairy picky eater but he requests this dish for dinner at least once a month. I keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute preparation.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce
- mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Unroll crescent dough into one rectangle; seal seams and
- perforations. Place over mozzarella cheese. Brush with butter and
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.