Crescent Sausage Rolls
Loaded with pork sausage and cheese, these fun, golden brown sausage rolls from Cherie Durbin of Hickory, North Carolina are perfect for brunch or lunch.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten, divided
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sausage, garlic powder, parsley,
- Parmesan cheese, basil and 2 tablespoons beaten egg. Unroll crescent
- dough and separate into two rectangles. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet; seal perforations.
- Spoon sausage mixture into the center of each rectangle. Sprinkle
- with cheddar cheese. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cut into slices;
- serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll (prepared with reduced-fat sausage and reduced-fat cheese) equals 538 calories, 35 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.