Loaded with pork sausage and cheese, these fun, golden brown sausage rolls from Cherie Durbin of Hickory, North Carolina are perfect for brunch or lunch.
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, divided
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sausage, garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese, basil and 2 tablespoons beaten egg. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; seal perforations.
- Spoon sausage mixture into the center of each rectangle. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cut into slices; serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Sausage Rolls in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p35
Reviews for Crescent Sausage Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
"This is such and easy recipe and is very yummy. I don't eat egg so i substituted greek yogurt instead and sprayed the top with olive oil and they turned out awesome!"