Loaded with pork sausage and cheese, these fun, golden brown sausage rolls from Cherie Durbin of Hickory, North Carolina are perfect for brunch or lunch.
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1/3 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, divided
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sausage, garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese, basil and 2 tablespoons beaten egg. Unroll crescent dough and separate into two rectangles. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; seal perforations.
- Spoon sausage mixture into the center of each rectangle. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cut into slices; serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Sausage Rolls in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p35
Reviews for Crescent Sausage Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review