Crescent Rolls Recipe
"My mother-in-law bakes these buttery rolls for holiday meals," notes field editor Joyce Guth of Mohnton, Pennsylvania. "If you're not careful, the plate will be empty before it's on the table!"
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the milk, water, egg, 4 tablespoons butter, flour, sugar, salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent.
- 3. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Crescent Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC