Crescent Rolls Recipe
"My mother-in-law bakes these buttery rolls for holiday meals," notes field editor Joyce Guth of Mohnton, Pennsylvania. "If you're not careful, the plate will be empty before it's on the table!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the milk, water, egg, 4 tablespoons butter, flour, sugar, salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent.
- 3. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC