- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place the milk, water, egg, 4 tablespoons butter, flour, sugar, salt and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Crescent Rolls
Sort By :
I made these for Easter. They were tasty, but made as the recipe called for, they were huge. I have the bread machine running again and will try dividing it into 2 pieces this time and suspect they will turn out a far more reasonable size. Not that my boys and husband were complaining, mind you.
Excellent and easy. A beautiful soft dough! I divided the dough into two pieces, rolled out to 12 inch circles and cut each into 12 wedges. I shortened the baking time to accomomodate a smaller roll. Delicious.
This recipe, for me, didn't make very good crescent rolls. But, it turns out the dough is fabulous for cinnamon rolls! They were SO good! I just rolled out the leftover dough, put some butter, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar on it, poured a bit of karo over that; rolled up the dough, cut it into slices and stuck them in the oven at the same temperature the crescents were supposed to be cooked at. When they got out of the oven i just put some maple frosting on top and tada! they were delicious =D So, turns out this recipe is good for more than just crescents =)
i would try the recipe and see if i can make them,i am new at making cresent rolls,i made some but they weren't very good. so i will try again. thank-you
These are delicious!!!