Crescent Dinner Rolls Recipe
These light, golden rolls have a heavenly homemade flavor and aroma. Mom never hesitates to whip up a batch of these from-scratch rolls, since they're a delightful way to round out a meal. -Debra Falkiner, St. Charles, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, eggs, butter, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in enough flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Punch dough down. Divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. Brush with melted butter; roll up wedges from the wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC