Crescent Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, eggs, butter, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in enough flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. Brush with melted butter; roll up wedges from the wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Crescent Dinner Rolls(5)
Sort By :
I love love love these! I was wondering though if it would make a difference if I used unbleached bread flour instead of all purpose flour?
These are yummy, a little on the sweet side, but delicious!
soooooooo delicious!!!!! turned out just like the picture!
These are one of my favorite rolls. So easy to make and taste delicious! Plus, they make plenty for leftovers the next day.