Crescent Chicken Squares Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, onion and pimientos. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet an press perforations together.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 each: 539 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Crescent Chicken Squares
"Excellent recipe. I omit the onion and pimento also. I have had many requests for this recipe."
"I am 42 years old, my mother used to make this for us growing up, and it is yummy, comfort food to my family and I. My brother, 52, is trying to get his wife to make it for him, as I have made it for them in the past. And it always boils down to, MOM. I have seen that a lady won the 1974 award from pilsbury for creating this. YUMMY! TRY IT! I love it just as is except I do not remember my mother putting pimento in it. AT ALL!"
"I omit the onion and pimientos, but add a little poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and cumin. My entire family loves these! I also use leftover rotisserie chicken to speed things along."