Through many years living on a farm, I've collected quite a few recipes using chicken. Family and friends tell me this is one of my best dishes featuring this versatile, tasty meat.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken, milk, onion and pimientos. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into four rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet an press perforations together.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle. Bring edges up to the center and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Crescent Chicken Squares in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p81
Reviews for Crescent Chicken Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review