Crescent Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
My mother gave me this recipe just before my wedding. Now, 32 years later, my husband, six children and nine grandchildren still enjoy it!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg, separated
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, parsley, salt, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough and separate dough into eight triangles. Arrange in a single layer in a lightly greased 9-in. pie plate. Press into dish to form a crust and seal seams. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and 1 egg white.
- 3. Pour half of beaten egg mixture over pie shell. Spoon meat mixture into shell; arrange cheese slices on top. Spread with remaining beaten egg. Mix water and remaining egg yolk; set aside.
- 4. Unroll second tube of crescent dough; place four sections of dough together to form a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Press perforations to seal; roll dough into a 12-in. square.
- 5. Brush edges of bottom crust with some of the egg yolk mixture; place dough on top of filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush top with remaining egg yolk mixture.
- 6. Bake for 40 minutes, tenting with foil after 15 minutes if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC