Crescent Butterflies Recipe
Our Test Kitchen home economists created these savory snacks that kids will enjoy dipping in marinara sauce. A cookie cutter makes it easy to cut the butterfly shapes from crescent roll dough.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 giant Slim Jim snack sticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- 1. Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Seal seams. Cut with a butterfly cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a snack piece in the middle of each butterfly; carefully pinch dough around the long sides of snack piece.
- 2. Brush wings with butter. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC