Crescent Butterflies Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 giant Slim Jim snack sticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- 1. Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Seal seams. Cut with a butterfly cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a snack piece in the middle of each butterfly; carefully pinch dough around the long sides of snack piece.
- 2. Brush wings with butter. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 130 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Crescent Butterflies
"Crescent Butterflies are a specific shaped surprise treat for a Nature studying group or Gardeners. The original recipe calls for using a package of Crescent Rolls from the store and rolling it to create a specific solid piece of pastry. There is now a solid piece of dough also being sold by Pillsbury in the same dairy case. There is no need to try sealing any lines cut into the Crescent Roll dough. Using a commercial Butterfly shaped cookie cutter will offer the Butterfly Shaped Dough cut pieces. You must cut 2 giant Slim Jim snack sticks into 2" pieces to use as bodies in the center of the Butterfly Dough. After baking, and cooling - serve with heated marinara sauce as a desirable snack! Serve with joy and enjoy your guests delight! Read all the comments published at the end of this page."
"These are excellent. Will definitely make again."