Crescent Beef Casserole Recipe
Cover and refrigerate leftover tomato puree for up to 1 week. Use it to make spaghetti sauce.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the beef, tomato puree, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Spread mashed potatoes in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough. Separate into four rectangles; arrange three rectangles over the casserole. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until top is browned. Roll remaining dough into two crescent rolls; bake for another use. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 442 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC