- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the zucchini, onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the beef, tomato puree, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Spread mashed potatoes in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Unroll crescent dough. Separate into four rectangles; arrange three rectangles over the casserole. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until top is browned. Roll remaining dough into two crescent rolls; bake for another use. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Crescent Beef Casserole
Sort By :
This is really good. I did not put in the green pepper or the tomato puree cause I did not have enough of it to put in. Nonetheless, it still turned out good. All the kids wanted more and ate the zucchini without even knowing it. I will make this again, except I am going to melt cheese on top of it.
Kid loved it. Surprise.
One of our favorite dinners!!!! My husband asks me to make this again and again. Tastes so good! I did buy an extra can of crescent rolls to make sure the top was covered.
wasn't sure about this recipe at first but it was much better than it looked. It was a big hit with everyone and I will definitly make it again.